Sunday 19 February 2012

First post to get going

Hi folks,

I've decided to start this blog to share with you our adventures while camping as a family.  While that will usually be the four of us, it might well be just Charlie and myself at times, or maybe me on my own.  Sometimes it's nice to escape and re-charge my batteries on my own, but generally I'd rather be with the family.

We're not keen on the sort of campsite which involves queueing in the morning to use the toilets with folks in dressing gowns and fluffy slippers.   We're more comfortable with tiny sites where a toilet and tap are luxury items.  This is usually a farmers field with the owner kindly allowing us to camp for a modest fee.

Sometimes our trips out will be as the full family with a big tent, but it could just as easily be two of us under a tarp or even sleeping in a debris shelter.  It all changes to suit the time of year and the number of us and the place we're staying at.  This year should see us adding another style of camping with a small sailing dinghy being set up to stay in for exploring the local waterway network.

It may take a little time to find my feet with blogging, but bear with me and I'll be back soon to add some more interesting things.

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment